Monday 30 December 2013

Myfitnesspal and SparkPeople: A comparison

I have joined Dietbet for a Bootcamp weight loss challenge...the blog for that will start Jan1/14, but they recommended using a fitness and nutrition tracker such as Myfitnesspal or Spark People and I thought it might be useful to see which one is better for me..this is all my personal opinion so if you are thinking of using these or other sites you may want to consider doing something like this as well.

So I will be comparing the two from ease of signing up...to use...to interactivity...to whatever else I can figure out. Ultimately I will choose 1 over the other at the end of a two week trial and it will be the one that works best for me.  Both are free so there is no reason not to give them each a shot.

I will start with the basics and illustrate with screen shots...so to begin with...funcitonality...

Characteristic
Myfitnesspal
Sparkpeople
Free to sign up
YES
YES
Quick to sign up
YES
YES
Colourful/visually pleasing
Simple colour palate, layout and design, no icons
Lots of colours/icons, busier design and layout
Fitness tracking tool
YES
YES
Nutrition tracking tool
YES
YES
Recipes
YES
YES
On-line groups/message boards
YES
YES

This is the head banner on my main page of Myfitnesspal:


 This is the head banner on my main page of Sparkpeople:


January 1/14 - What I am noticing already is the I am gravitating to the SparkPeople site already...which is good seems like I have made my choice...I find the interactivity, the points and the colours just more motivating to use than Myfitnesspal.  Apparently it didn't take two weeks for me to make my choice...choice is made...I am a Sparkpeople person :)


Namaste

amber

No comments:

Post a Comment