Wednesday 13 November 2013

What's going on...


I've been absent from my blog for a bit...but have been continuing to run...which is good since I have my first 1/2 marathon race in February...yikes that seems soon...it seemed like a long way away when I registered in August but now...Holy Crap!

I did a 10k trail race...it was good...well minus the 6k of basically farmers field which really wasn't trail...my massage therapist said the inside of my left leg and outside of my right leg were all knotted up and asked what I had done...the ground was pretty uneven and slopped so apparently my muscles tightened in an odd way...won't be running that one again...no run bling or tech shirt with that one...but a nice zipper hoodie.

I have to admit I am becoming a bit of a "Virtual Race" bling junkie...and Facebook is my dealer - lol. There are so many great races with so many great causes...see near the bottom of this post for the ones I ran/earned this past weekend...if you're interested these are the top 3 Facebook and web pages I am now obsessed with - LOL

#3 Fit 4 Life - great group even has weekly free challenges that can earn free or discounted runs
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/fit4lifevirtualraceseries/357803617697008/?notif_t=group_comment_reply
Website http://www.fit4liferaceseries.com

#2 US Road Running - can join in on the runs for free to compare to your age group/gender...but no bling unless you pay and the 2014 AIM HIGH program where you log total miles is right up my alley
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/USRoadRunning
Website http://usroadrunning.com

#1 Virtual Runs - this is where I learned about the other 2 and tonnes of other runs - it's like a NEXUS of virtual run information...LOVE it.
Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/321617347930095/

At work we started a walking group...called the "Holy Walkamolies" and as a group we are aiming to walk across Canada - started around the beginning of October in virtual Victoria and we are already on our way to Banff...admittedly I have kinda sucked at remembering to wear my pedometer so that is impacting my stats for sure.

I tried crossfit - couldn't walk straight for 4 days after it - LOL... I am NOT even kidding, but it was fun - I really did enjoy it. Thing is... it made me realized that I really need to get STRONGER...then I'll attempt crossfit again...but on that note what have I done...basically nothing...well figured out that planks, squats, push-ups and body rows (easier version of pull-ups) are where I need to start but haven't really incorporated this as I had planned.  On my to do list... I have those wonderful challenges from before so I think it is time to combine those and the body rows and get at it...so stay tuned for that.

On the side of eating clean/paleo what have I done...basically a hit and miss mishmash of good and "bad" choices...I am realizing that my biggest problem is ME and self sabotage...I get into a vicious cycle of feeling tired and icky so I eat crap (Dairy, Gluten, Eggs or even better some combination all all 3-ummm PIZZA)...which makes me feel tired and icky...and round and round I go...

I NEED to get off this self inflicted merry-go-round...working on figuring out the why...without that I think I will continue to ride this ride and honestly I'm getting a little dizzy - lol.

A few pics from what I was up to this last weekend...



I like the pic at the very top of this post as it fits with where I need to start...with a recommitting to myself...as the blog is newly re-titled..one step forward...so doing this blog again is part of that...clearing some of the clutter in my life is another - I have 2 bags of stuff for charity already, and I am halfway through totally reorganizing my kitchen and that is just the start...each room will be getting the once over top to bottom...my life is feeling more chaotic then it should be and granted I did it to myself..taking on that part time job on top of my full time job along with a nutrition course, running, and just trying to have a life along with an increase in travel with my regular job... yeah it's all left me a little frazzled...BALANCE is something I apparently don't understand very well, but I'll get there. The part time job is done away with, the nutrition course almost done so I think now is a great time to recommit to my goals. The other items listed that pic will be discussed in upcoming posts...and that is again part of my commitment...so tomorrow I start off with a plan...thinking the KISS principle for the first week might help...stay tuned.




Namaste

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment