Saturday 1 June 2013

Road trip through the top of the Rockies...best part of my job

This last week I got to visit my most Southernly staff...yep another road trip...but this one take me through the eastern edge of the northern part of the Rockies.  Some amazing photo ops.  While it is not Jasper or Banff it was still a perfect morning for a drive...well once I got out of the fog it was.

Lots of wildlife - woodland caribou, tonnes of deer and a moose cow/calf pair...only got a pic of the moose - there is not always a safe place to pull over on this drive...


Waited for a few minutes and then they crossed the highway...such a beautiful sight. :)

As the fog turned to haze and then the haze thinned the first glimpse of the Rockies came to be



The air in the morning was crisp and cool and well it just smelt amazing!!!  But just enjoy the pictures...'cause I sure enjoyed taking them.





This is where I took my morning coffee break...without any coffee...I have not seen Grande Cache Lake that still ever...notice the details in the reflections on the lake...think I found another painting worthy set of pics...







And a final one to leave you with...I love the mountains!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment