Thursday 7 March 2013

Suck it up princess!

So yesterday I went to see my "other" doctor - this one is a Md. who specializes in nutritional medicine.  When I advised him that I hadn't been paying any attention to avoiding the foods I'm allergic to he looked at me and said "Well your just gonna have to suck it up princess!".

One - I have never been called princess (by anyone other than my sister and that is family so that doesn't count)!
Two -  there's a lot of things I'm allergic to so it's a lot to avoid
Three...he's right!!!                         DAMN it!

So I have to go for a bunch of blood work first thing tomorrow since he tests for things most doctors don't even look at like vitamin status and enzyme loads...but regardless I have to do what I know needs to be done - no allergy foods and it has to be... cold turkey (at least I can still eat that - LOL).

No wheat (gluten), no dairy (casien), no eggs, no peanuts, no beef, no pork, no navy or white beans, no...no...no...NO!  Sorry my inner toddler is coming out and wants a big juicy steak, baked potato with all the trimmings and chocolate...but alas none for adult Amber...no not for me :( There is the possibility that if I strictly avoid for a long enough period of time that some of these things can be introduced again as very occasional things - but who knows...or maybe I am just deluding myself to make this an easier pill to swallow!

So far today I have been very good - raspberries and blueberries and soy milk with a chia seed mixture called "Holy Crap". If you have ever watch "Dragon's Den they had been on the program but got no $$ to grow there business - doesn't seem to have hurt them any since you can buy it even in GP.  Check them out at www.holycrap.ca and because I am on the road and I neglected to pick up a spoon anywhere last night so I pretty much drank it out of my sandwich container this morning. I felt like a kid slurping cheerios!  Lunch was cashews/walnuts/sunflower seed/ dried fruit mix that I picked up at planet organic last night along with a baby cucumber, 2 large carrots, some pea pods, some cherry tomatos and half a red pepper...my jaw hurts from all the bloody chewing.  Now I am faced with what to have for dinner - at least Japanese is still an option - rice, veggies and chicken...but it is so not steak...funny thing is I haven't had steak in months and now I WANT IT!!!

Well I am off to the mall for a little retail therapy and to see if I can find a new pair of sandals before spring actually arrives.

Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment